Thursday 8 May 2014

Another sleepless night

Ainsley has been on a cycle of sleeping days and waking nights. in some ways there are positives to this, it means I can escape, if I time it right, for a few hours during day without a meltdown but..... last night was a classic, Ainsley woke up at 7pm! just in time to interrupt myself and his sister watching, in peace the Eurovision semi finals! first, he stinks, so its really hard to be in the same room as him, but he decides on waking to spend some time with his family in living room, this normally means he what's something but I have to play 20, usually more, questions of what, food, drink, etc.? then he wants me to get it prepared for him! he can't ask but know this breaks my rule of I only prepare food at main meal times. when I don't get what he wants straight away he moves onto winding the dog up, he know this is one of the best ways of getting to me....thank god for sky's pause feature, means after I finally sort him out daughter dares to come back into lounge and we can watch TV together. when I go up to bed I follow my nightly routine, don't know why I bother, and venture into his bedroom, gas mask required. I explain to him his new desk chair (birthday present) is due tomorrow and at nine in morning I will need him to carry the broke one, he has destroyed in about 3 months, now a 3 legged one armed armchair from free cycle! downstairs and then we will hoover spot before new chair gets to enter room. I also retell him night rules. NO noise, I worry about neighbours, NO going into his sisters room, NO going downstairs raiding kitchen and NO noise! huh what a waste of energy, within five minutes he is downstairs in kitchen, first of several trips. then he moves around for next few hours, I manage to snatch some sleep, but at 3am I am woken by him chatting to sister, when confronted, WE ARE NOT MAKING A NOISE, shouted at me! for once sister remains tolerant! then he announces I have just taken chair downstairs and am moving my room round. my poor neighbours, I am now expecting complaints today, how do you explain this to the housing association anti social behaviour officer! I try again at 5 am to ask for a bit of quiet, this results in him turning his fan on high and sticking a pencil into it, what a racket. I give up on sleep , take dog out and get up for the day. shattered! sometimes as a parent of a PDA teen you forget to react/act appropriately towards them so they react correctly, I find the more I suffer from lack of sleep the worse I react the worse his behaviour becomes. so this afternoon I will be catnapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment